FredRank NFL: 2019 Week 4


We're back to normal! Kind of.

Divisions are starting to look more balanced. No more 10-win last-place finishers in my projections. On the other hand, we've got some different oddities that I want to address.


Two undefeated teams? And nearly half the league reaching 10 wins? Four teams with one win or fewer?

I think it's important to remember that, while we're looking at the "PROJECTED FINAL" records, that we're looking at what my model considers the most likely outcomes.

But New England and San Francisco, projected with 0 losses as their floors?

If you don't buy it, don't worry. Neither do I.


Most teams still fall in range (from about .4 to .7) that I would consider average. That's through 4 weeks, in a season where most teams will play just the 16-game regular season.

So what should be the takeaway here?


Based on this chart here, and all the fluctuations it contains, I'd say we've got a long season of games ahead: games that will be played by people, not a computer.

Be sure to leave any thoughts in the comments here, and don't forget to subscribe if you think you'll enjoy keeping track of the NFL and other leagues this year with me.

Comments