Welcome to FredRank!

After months of posting about it on Discord and Reddit, I'm happy to be, finally, starting a blog on Blogger for FredRank!

What is FredRank?

It is a duo of composite indices for all NCAA Division I football teams. One index, featuring 20 computers and metrics, ranks the 130 teams of the Football Bowl Subdivision; the Football Championship Subdivision's 125 teams are ranked in a separate index which includes 14 computers and metrics. Each index ranks teams on a scale of 0 to 1.

What is the purpose of FredRank?

I use FredRank primarily as a means of projecting the Division I postseason. This includes:
-the College Football Playoff, which features the top 4 teams of the FBS;
-the 37 bowl games outside the CFP, which each feature 2 teams from the FBS;
-the 24-team FCS championship bracket;
-and the Celebration Bowl, which features the champions of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference and the Southwestern Athletic Conference.

Comments

  1. wow this is great! have you thought about doing something similar for basketball or any other sports?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! I've done it before for college basketball and I'm actually also still doing it for the NFL, but college football is my number one sports passion. Maybe as this blog continues to grow, I'll expand out and start talking about the other sports I enjoy.

      Delete

Post a Comment