FCS FredRank and Bracketology: 2019 Week 5


We're at a point in the season where challengers are emerging to the previous conference frontrunners. Look no further than the Ohio Valley and Southland Conferences, where I have three teams from each designated as conference champions.

How does that work out? Shouldn't there be tiebreakers in place for such situations?

Of course there are. Right now, however, I don't have a problem including all six teams in my playoff projection, so I'm not going to look into that this week.


Last year saw a 6-5 Samford tie for the Southern Conference title and not get in. That's the kind of situation that would make me ask "do I have to include this team under the current forecast?"

Personally, I hope those tied for conference titles will continue to rise in the ratings to further justify their inclusion, or that they'll lose a couple games and fade out. Sometimes it's nice to have easy choices to make in these things.

Comments