FCS FredRank and Bracketology: 2019 Week 8


Notes:

-I'm loving the prospect of the November 9 Princeton-Dartmouth game being two 7-0 teams facing off at Yankee Stadium. If it weren't for LSU-Alabama being the same day, it'd be a great opportunity for shows like College Gameday and From The Stands to showcase what the FCS has to offer.

Really makes me sad that the Ivy League doesn't do any form of postseason play.

-Georgetown at Holy Cross on the 23rd is another exciting game right now, as far as Patriot League play goes. Lehigh might have the best in-conference record, but I think it'll be one of those two who represents the league in the postseason.


I've actually had to make a couple of changes to this bracket since I started writing up this post. Who knew location-based matchups could be so confounding?

It started when I had Holy Cross traveling across the country to play at Nicholls in round one. I don't like making smaller schools from one-bid conferences travel far and I don't think the selection committee does, either. I think I've come to an agreeable setup for the first few rounds, though I could see a case for some changes to be made. Right now, things are all very flexible.

Comments