FCS FredRank and Bracketology: 2019 Week 10

I had to go through the 24 teams I have in the field this week a couple times before I finally found a setup that satisfied me. So here are the ratings!


I didn't notice until this week, and I should have noticed much earlier, that Florida A&M is ineligible for postseason play this year because of Academic Progress Rate violations. Despite a 10-win season and a MEAC championship looking to be on the horizon, the Rattlers will not play in the Celebration Bowl or the FCS postseason tournament.

Therefore, North Carolina A&T will take the Celebration Bowl bid, while Nicholls moves into the field off the bubble.

Eastern Washington reaches the playoff over Montana State based on conference record. I don't think I've ever seen one team get an at-large bid over a team in the same conference with a better in-conference record.



Putting in both of those teams may have made seeding and placement a little easier, since there are three Big Sky teams in my top 8. Overall, I think I made the best of a rather tough situation.

Comments